Monday, 20 September 2010
Work in Progress: Viral II
Top: Viral II, in progress.
Below: Viral II, detail
200cm x 150cm
vi•rus | 'vīrəs |
an infective agent that typically consists of a nucleic acid molecule in a protein coat, is too small to be seen by light microscopy, and is able to multiply only within the living cells of a host : [as adj. ] a virus infection.
• informal an infection or disease caused by such an agent.
• figurative a harmful or corrupting influence : the virus of cruelty that is latent in all human beings.
• (also computer virus) a piece of code that is capable of copying itself and typically has a detrimental effect, such as corrupting the system or destroying data.
da•ta |ˈdatə; 'dātə|
noun [treated as sing. or pl. ]
facts and statistics collected together for reference or analysis. See also datum .
• Computing the quantities, characters, or symbols on which operations are performed by a computer, being stored and transmitted in the form of electrical signals and recorded on magnetic, optical, or mechanical recording media.
• Philosophy things known or assumed as facts, making the basis of reasoning or calculation.